Wednesday, October 21, 2009

They have these things called books

After plowing through a small stack of economics-related books last summer, I got a bit burned out and turned to a few novels. But I find myself once again ready for some book learnin', and happen to be sitting in a big-ass library. So, what's next?

I'm interested by the fact that the same names keep coming up in both my classes and the news, e.g., Akerlof, Stiglitz, and Shiller. Greg Mankiw's freshman seminar reading list seems like as good a place as any to start:



It looks like UT has two copies of Animal Spirits by Akerloff and Shiller, one at the Law Library and one on the "hold shelf", which doesn't sound promising. But there are twelve copies of The Worldly Philosophers in various states of availability. Boom.

No comments: