Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First Day of School

tower.jpg I just got home from my first day of class. I'm really glad I decided to do this. (If you're just tuning in, you can read about my decision to go back to school here.)

Predictably, the class itself was consumed mostly by housekeeping: going over the syllabus, talking about whether you really need the ninth edition of the textbook or if you can get away with using your roommate's eighth edition, etc. But Dr. Hickenbottom showed himself to be an animated speaker and an approachable guy.

I introduced myself after class and reminded him that I had emailed him last week telling him, among other things, about this blog. He said that given my description of myself ("I'll be the old guy in the front") he had been looking for someone wearing a suit. Ha!

After class I allowed myself a few minutes to walk around campus and enjoy the 72°F sunshine. Ah, Texas in wintertime.

No comments: