Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Registered for ECO 304K

This morning I registered for my Spring 2009 class: Economics 304K - Introduction to Microeconomics. Very exciting. I chose an early afternoon class (MWF 1:00p-2:00p) taught by Wayne Hickenbottom, a senior lecturer. It's in the Geology building (JGB), which I remember as a bit dark and dreary, but that was almost 20 years ago so there's a chance they've renovated it.

I chose Dr. Hickenbottom over the other professor teaching 304K, Olivier Giovannoni, based on the Course-Instructor Survey (CIS) Results for the last few semesters. The CIS is a nifty tool that lets you browse the results of surveys completed by students at the end of each semester. Dr. Hickenbottom's overall rating by students is somewhat higher than Dr. Giovannoni's, so he got the nod.

Frustratingly, my registration isn't complete until I've paid my tuition bill, and I'm not allowed to pay my bill until November 11. I suppose that gives everyone time to add and drop classes and resolve waitlist issues, but I'd really prefer to be able to close it out now. Regardless, it's on my calendar.

Speaking of which, I've created a public Google calendar for UT's Spring 2009 Academic Calendar. I'll share the details in my next post.

No comments: