Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Finally Eligible to Wear a Class Ring!

Despite the name of this blog I'm not a freshman but a "degree-holding senior". So I get emails like this one I just found in my inbox:
ringcollage.jpg

Congratulations!

You have reached an elite status at The University of Texas - you have completed enough credit hours and are now eligible to wear the Official UT Ring!

Be part of the tradition. The University of Texas Official Class Ring stands as a time-honored tradition that links students with their experiences on campus. The ring designates the wearer as a proud Texas Ex and serves as a constant reminder of time spent as a Longhorn.

The Official UT Ring will be sold next week (Monday, March 2 - Friday, March 6 from 10am-4pm) at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center at 2110 San Jacinto Boulevard (located across from Memorial stadium).

Rings will be personally presented during the Official Ring Ceremonies at the Alumni Center in mid-April. Eligible students who order their rings by March 6 will receive a personal invitation to the ring ceremonies.

For more information about the Class Ring, click here.


I suppose I'll get emails like this every semester I'm enrolled as an undergraduate. Maybe I should have called this blog The Neverending Senior Year.

No comments: