Thursday, February 5, 2009

Progress Report

I haven't posted anything substantive to this blog in the two weeks since classes started, so here's a quick update.

First of all, I'm absolutely loving it. I find myself looking forward to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays because I know I'll be going to class. Which isn't to say that I prefer school to work—in fact I find I'm enjoying work more too, and am more productive at the office now than I was a month ago.

The material itself is interesting, the professor is compelling, and even the processes of being a student (doing homework, attending supplemental instruction sessions, studying for tests) is fun. Speaking of which, I turned in the first homework assignment yesterday after reviewing it with a small group of other students to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious. We decided to get together this weekend to study for the first exam, which is on Monday. I'm jazzed about it.

I'll write more later about the online system called Blackboard that lets professors communicate with students and students with each other. Very useful. Plus, students can now reserve group study rooms in campus libraries online, which is quite handy. (If you're in my group, we'll be in PCL 5.120A Saturday at 2:00pm.)

So, so far so good. I'll spend most of my day today coding and tomorrow studying. Like chocolate and peanut butter.

No comments: